Fluffy and fun sprinkle pancakes! What a special breakfast treat to surprise someone on their special day! These are completely from scratch, no cake mix with artificial ingredients (exception of sprinkles), and no hydrogenated oils. They are soft melt in your mouth pancakes, with white vanilla frosting syrup that taste like actual birthday cake, and in my opinion even better!
2 cups flour*
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 + 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups milk*
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons oil
3-4 tablespoons sprinkles
4 tablespoons butter softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
5 tablespoons milk, half/half, or heavy cream.
* I also made these with buttermilk and milk, and spelt flour worked well too.
1. In a bowl sift together flour,salt,baking powder, and baking soda.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with sugar and vanilla.
5. Add milk ( or buttermilk)
6. Gradually whisk in flour mix
7. Add oil and melted butter.
8. Consistency should be as runny cake batter
9. Set aside for 8-10 minutes. batter will become fluffy.
10. Add sprinkles
11. Heat pan or griddle on medium low heat
12. Spray pan with non stck cooking spray.
13. Scoop (I use ice cream scoop) or ladle batter on the heated pan/griddle.
14. Cook the pancake about 1-2 min, or until bubbles form on the pancake. Flip the pancake and cook the other side.
1.Mix softened butter,salt, and powdered sugar.
2. Add milk or half/half and vanilla. stir until smooth.
3. Heat it in microwave for 15 seconds or more for runny consistency.
* you can add more milk or cream for more runny syrup.
Enjoy! Please don’t forget share, comment, and tag!